Mission and Vision of The House of the Good Shepherd
Our Mission Statement
The House of the Good Shepherd provides care that changes children's lives.
Our Vision Statement
The House of the Good Shepherd will be the leading provider of treatment, education, and support services to the children and families of the community that we serve. We will be known for providing services that are of the highest quality and value, delivered within the context of family, culture and community.
• We believe that the most appropriate setting to raise children is within a safe and nurturing family.
• We believe that engaging families in effective partnerships creates the best opportunity for lasting positive outcomes.
• We are committed to strengthening family life in our community by contributing to the development of effective social policy and establishing collaborative partnerships with government agencies, other service providers and the greater community.
• We believe the most efficacious and cost-effective services for children and families focus on early intervention and prevention.
• We are committed to continuously expanding our understanding of the value of cultural diversity and to incorporating that understanding in the provision of services to children and families.
• We are committed to the continuous development of services that respond quickly and appropriately to the emerging needs of children and families.
• We are committed to the continuous improvement of our services.
• We are committed to maintaining a competent and appropriately deployed workforce that is culturally diverse.
• We are committed to observing all laws and regulations applicable to the business of the Agency and to conducting Agency business with the highest degree of integrity.
• We are committed to developing and implementing internal controls and procedures that promote adherence to applicable Federal and State healthcare program regulations.