How Sanctuary Works
The Secret to Improved Outcomes is in the Process
The secret to Sanctuary is in how it integrates the structure of our organization with the trauma-informed care we offer our clients. Here's how Sanctuary works to improve outcomes for both The House and our children.
Implementing the Sanctuary Model Changes Thinking
- Adopting a trauma sensitive organizational paradigm changes the way we think.
Changing Thinking Changes Behavior
- The S.E.L.F. framework changes how we use language.
- The Seven Commitments delineate how we sustain relationships.
- The Sanctuary Toolkit improves the way we practice.
Changing Behavior Changes the Organization
- Reduced turnover
- Improved morale
- Improved communication
- Decreased incidents of violence
Changing the Organization Changes Client Outcomes
- Fewer trauma symptoms
- Enhanced social skills
- Improved relationships with family and peers
- Improved academic performance
- Increased ability to maintain safety
- Improved judgment and decisions