The House has been changing children's lives since 1872.
Assist with implementing individualized family assessment service plans and facilitate productive working relationships between families,agency personnel and other involved service providers. Flexible work schedule,non traditional working hours required, on call as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements
1.Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or a related field, required for positions with Uniform Case Record (UCR) documentation responsibilities.
2. Minimum of three years successful human service experience in a behavioral health setting, preferable working in Foster Care program highly preferred.
Valid New York State Driver's License
1. Implementation of family assessment service plans: provide in home services including monitoring of provisions and safety, behavior management training for families and supervise visits between children and families when necessary.
2.Provide 24-hour on call crisis intervention for families, as needed.
3.Assist families in identifying and obtaining appropriate clinical, recreational financial, medical or other support services designed to fully integrate the family with community-based supports in accordance with treatment plan make referrals as necessary.
4. monitor school attendance and performance for each child on caseload in accordance with treatment team recommendations
5. Accompany families to scheduled appointments,etc and provide or arrange transportation when necessary.
6. Act as liaison between parents and families, Family Court, Probation, school officials, agency personnel or other service providers as necessary/appropriate.
7. Assume Lead Case Planners's responsibilities when indicated: this could include scheduling Uniform Case Record (UCR) plan amendments, affidavits, utilization reviews,service plans etc.)
8. Actively participate in treatment team meetings and planning conferences.
9.Complete documentation per agency policy and procedure( e.g. log entries, mileage,medical, incident reports,intake, Uniform Case Record (UCR), Plan Amendments, affidavits,utilization reviews, service plans etc.)
10. Attend agency in-service training's,workshops and seminars as appropriate or required by supervisor.
11. Seek outside training's related to job duties/case specific needs, as approved by their supervisor.
12. Take part in Quality Improvement training and demonstrate commitment and active participation in the agency's ongoing Quality Improvement Program.
13. Other associated tasks as deemed appropriate by supervisor
-Working knowledge of generally accepted ethics and standard of social work practice;
-Demonstrated knowledge of developmental issues and demonstrated proficiency in the use of assessment procedures and effective clinical interventions with children and their families;
-Demonstrated ability to form significant clinical relationships with children and their families;
-Demonstrated proficiency in the provision of individual therapy;
-Strong verbal and written communicaiton skills;
-Demonstrated proficiency in goal and objetive writing;
-Familiarity with regulations relevant to clinical services, clinical documentation and confidentiality;
-Sensitivity and awareness of issues related to cultural diversity;
-Leadership and team building skills;
-Competitive hourly wages.
-Excellent benefit package.
HGS is an EOE and Drug Free Workplace
Please complete online Job Application here to be considered for this position.
Send us your resume for this position
*Note: Email resume as PDF or Word document in an attachment