Become a Foster Parent
It's Fulfilling To Be a Foster Parent with The House of the Good Shepherd
We're looking for homes where kids who have experienced trauma can receive guidance, support and a caring family. You might be surprised at the diversity of our foster parent families. They might be young parents, empty nesters, single child families, or those unable to have children of their own.
We especially encourage relatives of our children to consider foster care. We call it "kinship," and it's a wonderful way for a child to stay in familiar surroundings with people he or she knows.
Whatever your situation, we welcome you to apply to our Foster Care Program.
- Complete our online application
- Successfully complete our free, 12-week training
- Pass a State Central Registry Data Base Check
- Pass a criminal background check
- Have a financially stable household
- Complete our basic health screening
- Have your home evaluated to endure it is suitable
- Welcome any improvement in a child, no matter how big or small
The House of the Good Shepherd Foster Care Program offers free 12 week training classes.