The House has been changing children's lives since 1872.
Education and Experience Requirements
1.High School Diploma plus some college and a minimum of three to five years of successful human service experience working with high risk population and/or community based services. OR
2. Associates Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of one to three years of successful human service experience working with high risk population and/or community based services.
3. Bachelors degree or equivalent
Valid New York State Driver's License
Supervise and provide transportation for visitation. Document progress notes regarding the interactions with the families in Connections. Facilitate pre-
visitation and post-visitation meetings with birth parents, focusing on Coaching Family visit strategies and techniques. Facilitate productive working relationships between birth and foster families. Implement the Sanctuary model of care into visitation while providing guidance to the families in their areas of needs to meet their permanency planning goal.
1. Participate in weekly staff meetings
2.Provide approx. 15 hours of supervised visitation to the families in care
3.Provide approximately 5 hours of pre and post vitiation meetings with birth families to focus on Coaching Family Visit strategies and techniques
4. Provide approximately 8-10 hours of transportation time to the families in care
5. Provide approximately 5 hours of documentation
6. Assist the program in ensuring that the vehicles,visitation rooms and community areas are in working order
7.Communicate strengths and areas of need of both the foster families and the birth families to the workers assigned to the case
8 Complete related tasks/duties as assigned by Visitation and Operations supervisor/Treatment Team supervisor
Demonstrate knowledge of behavioral treatment, social skills and age appropriate developmental milestones of youth.
Demonstrate the ability to form effective relationships with youth and families.
Strong oral and written skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to engage in collaborative working relations with agency staff involved agencies,individuals and regulatory bodies.
Watertown, New York
Send us your resume for this position
*Note: Email resume as PDF or Word document in an attachment