The House has been changing children's lives since 1872.
The Tilton School Social Worker will ensure the development and maintenance of the social and emotional management skills of students in the agency's Day Service Program in a trauma informed manner that will enable them to be successful in less restrictive educational settings.The School Social Worker brings to the educational process an understanding of the development of children, the influences of the family and community, and cultural differences as they interact with the educational process and provides the necessary professional skills to assist students and families in problem solving and conflict resolution in a safe and healthy manner.
Master's Degree in Social Work. Certification as a School Social Worker by NYSED or eligible for certification will be considered.
Valid New York Driver's License
1.Provide supportive counseling, skill building, and crisis intervention services, when necessary, in accordance with the student's Individualized Education Program (IEP) to address emotional and behavioral issues that substantially interfere with the student's ability to learn and function socially in the school environment.
2.Support classroom teachers in implementing classroom-wide behavior management plans/level systems and assist with the development of individual student Behavior Improvement Plans(BIP).
3. Participate as a member of the inter-disciplinary educational team specific to each student on assigned case load. Partner with team members to ensure the development and implementation of targeted IEP goals and related strategies.
4.Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings with the School Psychologist and CSE Chairperson, Guidance Counselor to review student needs and concurrent planning.
5.Provide case management for assigned case load through activities that ensure the full integration of all services provided to each student.
6. Participate in Committee on Special Education (CSE) meetings to review student plans and make changes as appropriate.
7. Facilitate quarterly Parent Teacher conferences as needed.
8. Maintain required documentation associated with the provision of services in a timely, accurate and legible manner.
9.Partner with education, medical, or other agency programs as relevant to assist with ongoing program evaluation and development of the Day Services Program.
10. Attendance monitoring and reporting.
11. Successful completion of all training s as defined by program and/or agency policy
12. Active participation in program and agency wide performance improvement activities.
13.Other associated tasks as assigned by supervisor
14. Understanding of basic needs and developmental issues of children in a way that promotes growth and respects development.
15. Asks age and developmentally appropriate questions and actively listens to children's responses.
16. Develops a warm, positive,nurturing relationship with each child.
17. Follows mandated reporting requirements regarding child abuse and neglect.
18. Practices infection control, including appropriate hand washing procedures.
19. Communicates with families in a manner that respects diversity.
20. Uses knowledge of children's family, culture and any risk factors when planning of support and development , learning of individual children.
21.Communicates with parents regarding developmentally appropriate behavior and expectations for children.
This position is at our Tilton School on Champlin Ave Utica, NY
-Excellent benefit package.
HGS is an EOE and Drug Free Workplace
Send us your resume for this position
*Note: Email resume as PDF or Word document in an attachment